6.01.2014

Around Here | weekend getaway

 






Over the Memorial Day weekend I went up the "big woods" with my dad, it was a fun relaxing weekend in the middle of no where, my uncles house is not even on a map. The closest town is a little thing called Athelstane, population unknown. 
I haven't been to my uncle's in over 10 years, the last time I was there I crashed my mini dirt bike and had to get 5 stitches in my leg... I remember his cabin so differently from when I was young. He's been a bachelor for over 20 years and it shows in the up keep of his house, I slept with the light on b/c I was scared at what might come creeping out at night! 
Needless to say I am not the outdoorsy kid I once was;
but the fresh air, trees and countless checks for ticks was well worth it. I came back from the woods with a clear head and appreciation for nature and a clean house :)


(1) the view from the front porch of my uncle's cabin 
(2 + 3) the bedroom where I stayed
(4) the forgotten plant and taxidermy in my uncle's living room
(5) pines along the drive
(6) the dance hall of  Camp Bird
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment